Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to my music blog, "And Through The Wire". The title comes from an old Peter Gabriel song, and got me thinking about how far we've come from communicating through wires, so it seems appropriate. So why a blog, and why now? I'll admit it, I'm very new to the blog world. It was just a few months ago through John Sakamoto's Anti-Hit List column in The Toronto Star (you may have to register with thestar.com to view) that I discovered the world of music blogs, some of which I'll be linking to in the near future. I had no idea that this network of "music geeks" was out there sharing their music. I had found my people! After reading a few of these blogs, I decided that I could do this, it would give me a chance to share my music in a new way.

I won't have time to do daily posts, so I will likely do my posting on weekends, and hopefully give you a chance to discover something new. To start things off, I'm going to leave you with some songs from a few of my favourite artists.

All files right click, save as
Peter Gabriel - And Through The Wire (link removed)

Joe Jackson - Don't Wanna Be Like That (link removed)
Joe Jackson - Another World (link removed)

The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues (link removed)
The Waterboys - Universal Hall (link removed)

Paul Weller - Bull Rush (live) (link removed)
The Style Council - Headstart For Happiness (link removed)

Chris Brown & Kate Fenner - Never Done (from chrisandkate.com)
Chris Brown & Kate Fenner - Resist War (from chrisandkate.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home