Sunday, March 26, 2006

Joe Jackson Tour Dates

Joe Jackson announced last week his upcoming US tour. Here are the dates:

June 12 - Washington, DC
June 13 - Glenside, PA
June 15 - Chicago, IL
June 16 - St. Paul, MN
June 19 - Portland, OR
June 20 - Seattle, WA
June 22 - Saratoga, CA
June 23 - Hollywood, CA
June 25 - Salt Lake City, UT
June 28 - Somerville, MA
June 29 - New York, NY


You may notice that there are no dates scheduled for Toronto, or any Canadian city for that matter. In fact Joe hasn't played in Canada since August 2003, and it's been three full years since he's played Toronto! As you can guess, I'm not happy about this. So I e-mailed his management. Here's a copy.

I see that Joe is touring the US in June, but there are no Canadian dates on this tour. Speaking on behalf of his Canadian fans, this is quite dissapointing. I was equally upset last year, when his tour with Todd Rundgren also missed Canada. Looking at Joe's tour history, he hasn't played Toronto in almost three years (2 April 2003). Is it a cost issue? A scheduling problem? A border or customs issue? Or has Joe simply grown indifferent to Canada?

I've probably seen Joe play about a dozen times over the years, and it's always been a unique and memorable show. It would be great to add to those memories.

If you are equally upset about this, you can contact his management throught his website. I will let you know if I actually get a response.

And since I can't make a post without any music, here are some live selections recorded in 2002 when he reunited the original Joe Jackson Band. These are taken from the bonus disc that came with the Volume 4 album.

All files right click, save as
On Your Radio
Got The Time
It's Different For Girls
I'm The Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home